What is it ?
WikiPl is a small CGI script written in the Perl
language, designed to easily create WikiWikiWeb
sites. It cas be also used with mod_perl
in order to improve performance under high loads.
What WikiPl does
- Basic page viewing and editing.
- Page history support (view list of all changes made on a page)
- Full-text search support across pages
- Good performance, thanks to the integrated cache and compatibility with mod_perl
What WikiPl does not (yet)
- DiffRequests (show diff between two pages in a similar returned by the Unix diff(1) program)
- Page lock
- Nice HTML generation
- Documentation, ease of installation
- 26 Dec 2002: First release
- 28 Aug 2003: Patch from Daniel OHuiginn : variable $programname to hold the name of the program, so it can be
changed (e.g. some servers demand that scripts end .cgi), added a regexp to make links from WikiWords with double capitalisation
and no parentheses, and regexps for *bold* with asterisks and _italics_
with underscores, put a few more comments into the code. Thanks to him for this patch.
Download and installation
If you are interested, here
is the script. To install it, you will need:
- some version of Perl
- a Web server that support CGI, for instance Apache
- optionally, BerkeleyDB to improve database request performance
- optionally again, mod_perl. This will dramatically improve the performance of your Wiki, especially under high loads
Note that you dont need to have a special DBM installed like MySQL or PostgreSQL.
Also note that this program is covered by the General Public License